Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Intelligence - How do you define it ??

I saw a great program on BBC last night about 'how do you define intelligence ?'. I find this subject very interesting, as I have always believed that there is a complete difference between someone who can read through the books at school and who can get great marks vs people who I believe are 'worldly intelligent' .They really learn from what is going on around them. Its the same reason I work in what Mr Huntington calls a trade not a profession. Which I completely agree with. Its because we learn from doing something and whats around us.

The idea of multiple intelligence, that Howard Gardner has created is also quite interesting. Its linked to lateral thinking and expanding from what society has deemed intelligence.

Its a really interesting program and the results are interesting as well. Check out the videopod

No comments: