Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Example: of Everyone Know to First to Know

uploaded on flickr by stumbleine
This article is about a company has started to use cabbies to give WOM for companies like the Thai tourist board. This is an example of the post I did a few months back on the need to change objectives from 'everyone to know => first to know'

A friend of mine in Australia did the same idea for the Tahiti tourist board but he utilised hairdressers from top hairdressing salons across the major cities and then they also sold local skin and beauty products from Tahiti as well.

The only problem with cabbies is whether I would take their advice. Although I think this is a great idea, I think I would be more likely to listen to someone different where I would trust and respect their opinion. Maybe if I went to a travel bar night in my area or music event and everyone shared traveling stories with similar minded people. I would be more likely to be interested.

I think restaurants and other London attractions would work better for cabbies.

No comments: