Monday, April 07, 2008

Joost is struggling in the UK


It seems like the iPlayer is taking over and Joost is struggling to get the right content deals in the UK, so it has decided to pull out. I saw this article in the paper on the weekend. There are two interesting things here. I have been working with some entreprenaurs in the tech space and it seems like the model is to PR the living lights out of yourself, hire a lot of big name people. Then sell out or get out within a year or two. Seems like the model here other than the lack of content deals.

Secondly, I have often thought that BBC was the weirdest thing in the world. No one from any other country would get it. I have been here a while and struggle to get the commercial side..... as does the rest of the nation. But I suppose they need to create revenue to reinvest into new technology like this. Seems to be working.

No comments: