Monday, March 12, 2007

A day of culture in the capital


The thing I love about London is you can always find something to do. So last weekend I decided to head down and see banksy's small exhibition in Kensington. I came to the realisation that his work is far and away a lot better in its real context. On the wall in some slightly hidden, but yet daring position. He had some great screen work. But I just love the realism that each of his pieces represents on the different walls. As well as the sense that he was doing it as something amusing. More than trying to make £45k


I was lucky enough also to walk into Selfridges who have a great showing of one of my favourites. Brian Eno's 77 Million Paintings. This is one of those things I could stare at all day and night. Its so calming.

I even tied the day off with a great lunch in Gloucester and a few glasses of wine in the evening. What a great day in London. Bring on Spring

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Sounds like a good day.
Have you been here for a London summer?

mikej said...

yeah I have been for quite a few travelling mainly but living too. Cant wait the weather is looking great