Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Maybe an iPhone Killer....


Now I love my iPhone and I am about to get the next one. But Nokia have thrown something in the mix that looks pretty awesome. The N900 which has an open source software package called maemo 5 which is a hell of a lot better than their usual symbian software. But after doing a little project for Nokia on Ovi. I realise that its not all its cracked up to be and they are struggling to get the app store working for a number of their devices. I also feel that the interface is a real struggle and just looks as well as makes me feel like its going to be too hard. I still have their old music store on my desktop from when I had an N95 which is terrible in comparison to iTunes as well as the new music software we are all becoming accustom to like spotify.

The interesting take out is that Nokia are addressing the problem. They want to become an entertainment service company and this is a step in the right direction. But in order to do that they have to make the service seamless and beautiful which apple are often good at.

so see above for a cool viral for the N900

No comments: