Monday, July 19, 2010

We have to all become entrepreneurs...


Richard Branson, originally uploaded by Daly3d.

I wanted to be an editor or a journalist, I wasn't really interested in being an entrepreneur, but I soon found I had to become an entrepreneur in order to keep my magazine going.
Richard Branson

I like this quote from Richard Branson. I did some groups a few months back on small business owners and this seemed like an apparent point for everyone who starts their own business. The main thing that stood out for me was that they just wanted to concentrate on what they loved to do. In whatever field. But in order to do that they had to become entreprenaurial to keep their business alive. So if we fuse that thinking with a great post I saw from Seth Godin the other day

Low esteem and the factory

If you want to hire people to do a job, to be cogs in the system and to do what they're told, you might want to focus on people who don't think very highly of themselves.

People with low self esteem might be more happy to be bossed around, timed, abused, misused and micromanaged, no?

Seth Godin

Go here to read the rest of the post

So what this means is that in order to do that work we truly love and not to live in the world of average, we need to become entreprenaurial to survive to instigate and continue to build whatever work we do. Unless you wanna be average


No comments: